Written by Kayley Shade, Director of Social Media MarketingSioux Falls, SD -
The Sioux Falls Storm has held numerous fundraisers to help a variety of worthwhile causes and charitable organizations throughout the Sioux Falls community. Last season projections will show the Storm as having raised and distributed well over $400,000 for the last three seasons.
A small sampling of the local groups the Storm has helped this current season include:
- Storm Super Bowl Party along with the El Riad Shrine Mystic Brewers raised over $4,000 for Feeding South Dakota.
- Cure SMA and the Taken By Storm Fund raised nearly $11,000 to help find a cure for Spinal Muscular Atrophy.
- Night of Hope & Caring donation was over $26,000 benefiting the Sioux Falls School District.
- Mary Reiser fundraiser, the CEO of Fonder Sewing Company, raised over $14,000.
- Nearly $9,000 was raised for the Feeding South Dakota BackPack Program along with several hundred pounds of non-perishable food items for Feeding South Dakota.
- Almost $15,000 was raised for SURVIVEiT, a Sioux Falls based online community of cancer survivors helping cancer patients all throughout the USA during Sack Cancer Night.
- Modern Woodmen of America and the Storm hosted a special fundraiser for Make-A-Wish South Dakota that raised nearly $8,000.
- The Storm, along with Coleman Heating & Air Conditioning and Waterbury Cooling and Heating helped raise nearly $19,000 in the second annual Chip In For Heroes golf tournament for Operation Homefront.
- The Storm and the Home Front Warriors Foundation teamed up to raise $5,600.
- Rebekah's Legacy Foundation raised over $18,000 in honor of Rebekah Spader who was 10-years old at the time of her passing to cancer last August (2016).
"The Taken By Storm program has turned into the most rewarding and impactful thing we do as an organization," said owner Todd Tryon. "Jim Loria has done a remarkable job developing this program as it will eclipse $150,000 this year alone. The guy doesn't sleep and the number's reflect that."
As the season gets set to wind up, the Storm have plans to host several more cause-related fundraisers.
The Sioux Falls Storm will battle the Arizona Rattlers in the 2017 United Bowl on July 8th at 5:05pm. Tickets are still available to see the Clash of Champions. Pick up your tickets at the Denny Sanford PREMIER Center Box Office or at ticketmaster.com.