College: South Dakota State University
Birthday: October 14, 1991
Hometown: Sioux Falls, SD
Years Pro: 3
Professional (2015-present): Justin signed with the Sioux Falls Storm of the Indoor Football League (IFL) in 2015.
Redshirt Senior (South Dakota State University, Brookings, SD, 2014): Syrovatka set the single season record for consecutive field goals made. He set season best percentage record for extra points and set season record for points kicked.
• Justin was on the Associated Press All-American Second Team.
• He won the College Football Performance Awards Elite Placekicker Award.
• Syrovatka was part of the All-Missouri Valley Football Conference Second Team.
• He was the Missouri Valley Football Conference (MVFC) Special Teams Player of the Week.
Redshirt Junior (South Dakota State University, Brookings, SD, 2013): Justin set Jackrabbits single-season records with 33 consecutive made extra points and 49 for the entire season.
• He ended the season as a recipient of MVFC Commissioner's Academic Excellence Award.
• Syrovatka was apart of the All-Missouri Valley Football Conference Second Team.
• He was apart of the MVFC Honor Roll.
• Justin won the MVFC Commissioner's Academic Excellence Award.
Redshirt Sophomore (South Dakota State University, Brookings, SD, 2012): Justin connected on 18-of-22 field goals, including final 12 attempts of the season to put him one away from tying school record for consecutive field goals made. He made 32-of-33 extra points. Syrovatka made three field goals in a game three times. His 18 made field goals were the second most by a Jackrabbit ever in a single season.
• Justin was named MVFC Special Teams player of the Week after making three field goals in a playoff victory over Eastern Illinois.
• Was the MVFC Special Teams Player of the Week.
• Part of the MVFC Honor Roll.
Redshirt Freshman (South Dakota State University, Brookings, SD, 2011): Justin converted all 23 extra-point tries and 6-of-10 field goal attempts. He set a season best percentage record for extra points.
High School (Roosevelt): While at Roosevelt, Justin set a single-season state record with 65 extra points. He also tied a single-game state record with 10 points in a game. Syrovatka won six Region II State Championships as a member of the Great Plains Force club soccer team.
• Justin earned Honorable Mention All-State honors as Roosevelt High School won the state title in 2007.
• Syrovatka was an All-City selection in 2009.
• He was a recipient of the Regents Scholar and President's Education award.
Volunteer: Justin has dedicated his time volunteering at places such as Samaritans Feet, Children's Miracle Network, United Way, and the Walk a Mile in Her Shoes movement.
Personal: Justin is the son of Donna and Eddy Syrovatka. He has a sister named Sitania. Justin graduated from SDSU with a degree in Operations Management.