College: University of Montana
Birthday: June 8, 1992
Hometown: Sioux Falls, SD
Years Pro: 2Professional (2015-present):
Matt signed with the Sioux Falls Storm during the 2015 season.
• Hermanson was named to the All-IFL Second-Team Defense roster in 2017.Senior (University of Montana, Missoula, MT, 2014):
Matt started his the third season in a row. He was Montana's leading returning tackler as a senior. He began his senior season ranked 29th in school history with 239 career tackles.
• Hermanson was a 2014 All-American Candidate.Junior (University of Montana, Missoula, MT, 2013):
Matt was second on the team with 107 tackles, in solo stops with 53, in forced fumbles (tie) with three, and in fumble recoveries with two. He was ranked 13th in the Big Sky Conference with 8.9 tackles a game, which ranked him 51st in the FCS.
• He was a Second Team All-League selection.
Sophomore (University of Montana, Missoula, MT, 2012):
Hermanson started in 10 games and was fourth on the team with 67 tackles, and tied for the team lead with two interceptions.
• He was an honorable mention All-Big Sky pick.
Freshman (University of Montana, Missoula, MT, 2011):
Matt played in 13 games and started in one as a true freshman. He was fifth on the team with 65 tackles, and tied with two other players with a team-leading three interceptions.High School (Washington):
During Matt's senior season, he led his team to a second straight 13-0 season and state championship. As a senior he passed for 1,400 yards and 21 touchdowns, rushed for 600 yards and six touchdowns. Hermanson had 76 tackles and four interceptions. His junior and senior seasons on defense, he had combined 140 tackles and 11 picks. He earned 11 letters: four each in football and track and three in basketball.
• He was a three-time All-State pick in football.
• Matt earned South Dakota's Gatorade Player of the Year as a senior.
• Hermanson tabbed Most Valuable Player on defense as a junior and senior. Personal:
Matt is the son of Mary and Brian Hermanson (Defensive Coordinator of the Sioux Falls Storm). He majored in Anthropology. http://archive.argusleader.com/VideoNetwork/686799551001/Argus-Leader-Elite-45-Captain-Matt-Hermanson