Personal Website: www.tylersupermanknight.com
College: Mississippi Valley State University
Birthday: December, 22, 1984
Hometown: Little Rock, AR
Years Pro: 7Professional (2010-present):
After playing semi-professional football with the Arkansas Rhinos, Knight began playing with the Arkansas Diamonds of the Indoor Football League (IFL). Knight helped the Diamonds to an 11-3 regular season record, and a berth in the Intense Conference Finals. In 2011, Sioux Falls Storm signed Knight as a backup linebacker. Tyler had 104 tackles, leading the IFL, and helping the Storm win the United Bowl. After the 2011 season, Knight signed with the Kansas City Command of the Arena Football League (AFL). Knight returned to Sioux Falls in 2013, where he has continued to play and excel in his career. Tyler assisted the Storm in four United Bowl Championship wins.
• Knight was named a North American Football League (NAFL) All-Star while playing with the Arkansas Rhinos.
• He was named the two-time IFL Defensive Player-of-the-Year in 2013 and 2014.
• Tyler is a six-time Defensive Player-of-the-Week for the Storm.
• He was named IFL Special Teams Player-of-the-Week in Week 1 of the 2016 season.
• Knight was named to the All-IFL Second-Team Defense roster in 2015 and 2017.
• He was named to the All-IFL First-Team Defense roster in 2016.Freshman-Senior (Mississippi Valley State University, Itta Bena, MS, 2004-06):
During his career at MVSU, Tyler started 36 games, where he recorded 369 tackles, 51.5 tackles for loss, and 18.5 sacks.
• He was named MVSU Male Athlete-of-the-Year.
• Knight was honored as a Don Hansen First Team All-American.
• Tyler received multiple awards his sophomore year, including named Sports Business News (SBN) Sports Black College All-American Team, Sports Network All-American, Black College All-American, and a National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) 1-AA Southwest All-Region Team selection.
• Knight was named a three-time All-Southwestern Athletic Conference (SWAC) and a two-time SWAC Defensive Player-of-the-Year.High School (Little Rock McClellen):
Knight was a 3-year letterman and was awarded the team's MVP his senior year.
• Tyler finished his senior season being named All-Metro, All-Conference, and All-State. Volunteer Work:
Knight spends his free time counseling youth and speaking to students at area schools or anyone needing motivation on how to overcome adversity.Personal:
Tyler was born to Tina and Carl Knight. He has 5 siblings and a daughter, Tierra. Knight earned his Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration. He is currently employed at Wells Fargo and Riggs Premier Football Academy as a position coach. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=811KTk9XVfE