Facebook- Mike Tatum
College: Oxnard University
Birthday: April 29, 1986
Hometown: Columbus, OH
Years Pro: 9
Professional (2009-present): In 2009, Mike joined the Marion Mayhem of the Continental Indoor Football League (CIFL) as a wide receiver and special teams. During the 2010 season, the team abruptly disbanded due to financial reasons, and Tatum signed to play with the Fort Wayne Firehawks, also of the CIFL. In 2011, Mike returned to Marion with a new indoor football team, the Marion Blue Racers. In 2012, Tatum signed to play with Indoor Football League (IFL) expansion team Everett Raptors. Due to injury, he only played in 12 games but was able to tie the record for the longest return at 48 yards. In 2013, Tatum signed with the Sioux Falls Storm, winning his first IFL championship. Before his return with the Storm for their 2014 championship season, he also played for the Blue Racers of the CIFL.
• Tatum is a three-time CIFL Special Teams Player-of-the-Week with the Marion Mayhem in 2009 and twice with the Marion Blue Racers in 2011.
• He earned First Team All-CIFL as a Kick Returner with the Firehawks in 2010.
• Mike is a two-time CIFL Special Teams Player-of-the-Year with the Firehawks in 2010 and Blue Racers in 2011.
• Tatum was a two-time IFL Special Teams Player-of-the-Week, during weeks three and twelve, with the Everett Raptors.
• He was the 2012 IFL Special Teams Player-of-the-Year with the Everett Raptors.
• Mike earned First Team All-CIFL Wide Receiver with the Blue Racers in 2014.
Volunteer Work: He has previously volunteered at various elementary schools, middle schools and high schools, as a mentor to change certain perspectives on life and decision making. He has also actively participated with the Boys and Girls Club.
Personal: Mike is the son of Debra Tatum. He has five brothers, Curtis, Chris and Jodeci Tatum, Anthony Sowell and Donald Calhoun. Mike and his wife, Lashe, have three girls, Angel, and twins, MaKayla, Makyla. Outside of Storm Football, he works for the Sioux Falls School Board for Kids, Inc.